Send Paul to the Electoral College

Send me to the Electoral College in 2008 and I promise that I will vote exactly as I am supposed to. I will not abstain in a protest, vote for "the other guy" or otherwise do anything foolish. I will dress up nice, behave myself, and vote. I am a resident of the State of Kansas and a registered voter.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Rep. Kinzer Responds

State Representative Lance Kinzer has given the following response:


"Here is the link for information on the process http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/state_responsibilities.html#appointing

Basically, the Feds leave it up to the states to determine what process they want to use for selecting the delegates. Previously, the state committee has selected the delegates at the summer meeting of the Presidential election year. Usually, the state chairman appoints three or five individuals to a selection committee. The committee accepts nominations from the state committee and recommends delegates that are then, approved by the state committee.
However, that process could always change for the next election.
"


So there's a COMMITTEE!!! Committees can be petitioned. I've asked Rep Kinzer to get me some contact information for this committee...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home