Send Paul to the Electoral College

Send me to the Electoral College in 2008 and I promise that I will vote exactly as I am supposed to. I will not abstain in a protest, vote for "the other guy" or otherwise do anything foolish. I will dress up nice, behave myself, and vote. I am a resident of the State of Kansas and a registered voter.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Official Announcement: Press Release

For Immediate Release
Contact: Paul D. McDonald, (913) 708-3037
paulmcdonald@sbcglobal.net

Paul D. McDonald Announces Desire to Serve in the Electoral College for the 2008 Presidential Election

Overland Park, Kansas (Friday, February 03, 2006) – Paul D. McDonald, a registered voter and resident of Overland Park has announced his desire to serve as an Elector with the Electoral College in the 2008 Presidential Election.

Paul stated, “Each state has its own method of choosing electors. In Kansas, it is my understanding that the Office of the Governor appoints electors.”

“It is also my understanding,” Paul continued, “that in the past, Electors were appointed as a kind of ‘political favor’ … at least, that’s what I’ve heard. I do not think that any office in government should be as a result of a favor.”

Paul admits that the process of choosing electors in Kansas is shrouded in some mystery. Paul has attempted to get information from many elected officials at the state and federal level on the process. “I’ve contacted the Governor’s office several times to get more information and have not gotten a response. I did get a response from the Kansas Secretary of State’s office, but they sent me information on how to get in the electoral college in North Carolina!”

“I’ve always wanted to serve my country in some capacity,” Paul said. “The Electoral College is a practical way for me to fulfill that dream.”

Paul maintains a blog on his progress at
http://letpaulvote.blogspot.com/.

This page can be found at http://letpaulvote.blogspot.com/2006/02/official-announcement-press-release.html

Photo available at http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2954/916/200/paul-pic.jpg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home