Send Paul to the Electoral College

Send me to the Electoral College in 2008 and I promise that I will vote exactly as I am supposed to. I will not abstain in a protest, vote for "the other guy" or otherwise do anything foolish. I will dress up nice, behave myself, and vote. I am a resident of the State of Kansas and a registered voter.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

What happens when a candidate dies?

Visit http://jceb.co.jackson.mo.us/fun_stuff/electoral_college.htm for a great article on history of the Electoral College.

Did you know that in the 1872 election, Democratic candidate Horace Greeley (he of earlier "Go West, young man, go West" journalistic fame whose nomination makes a good story in itself) thoughtlessly died during that period between the popular vote for Electors and the meeting of the Electoral College. Read the story to find out what happened!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home